WHAT DOES A LEARNER OMBUDS OFFICE DO?
We serve as an unbiased mediator for our organization to help answer questions and seek resolution efficiently and professionally. We support learners to navigate our organization and access resources and information.
Who We Are
We report directly to the CEO of Generation USA and are not part of another department.
We will not take sides in a dispute; we advocate for fairness and equity; we have no personal stake in the outcome.
Communication with the Learner Ombuds Office does not put Generation USA on notice of a problem. It’s a place to explore options and work towards resolution informally.
The identity of those who contact us is kept confidential, except for threats of imminent risk of serious harm. We provide a safe place for discussing concerns.
WHO WE SERVE
WHAT WE DO
- Listen to and clarify concerns
- Help learners explore a range of solutions
- Provide information about rights for dealing with concerns
- Facilitate informal dispute resolution
- Coach individuals on how to prepare for difficult conversations
WHAT WE DON’T DO
- Take personnel action against staff
- Overturn disciplinary decisions
- Provide legal advice
- Intervene when parties are involved in legal or administrative proceedings