Technology Assistance Agreement
Generation USA aims to connect you to resources to meet your technology needs as you participate in our online training programs. To this point, we are pleased to offer you a free laptop with free internet access. (Laptops will either be in new or refurbished condition, guaranteed to work). As a recipient of a Generation USA laptop and hotspot device, you will have access to Generation training program platforms and tools to satisfy the requirements of your training program. Generation technology should be used solely for program and professional development purposes. For this reason, it is imperative that you demonstrate and maintain responsible and ethical conduct. In addition, you are expected to complete all mandatory course requirements, workforce development activities, Career & Life Coach workshops, and other program-based actions as assigned. Acceptable use of this technology is crucial in order to maintain the integrity of our programs.
Acceptable use means utilizing the technology for its intended purpose. This includes using the technology to participate in classes, complete coursework, and access content that will contribute to your professional development. (See section below for additional content regarding this policy).
Appropriate Use Acknowledgement
You are individually responsible for appropriate use of all resources assigned to you, including the received technology. Therefore, you are accountable to Generation USA for all use of such resources.
- Use technology to participate in classes
- Use technology to complete coursework
- Use technology to draft or work on professional documents such as resumes/CV, cover letters, etc.
- Use technology to access content that contributes to your professional development (resume articles, videos, accounts)
- Use technology to participate in job fairs, interviews, etc.
- Use technology to engage in Generation workshops
- Use provided technology for the purposes of harassment or abuse
- Use profanity, obscenities, or derogatory remarks in communications
- Access, download, send or receive any data (including images), which is considered offensive in any way, including sexually explicit, discriminatory, or defamatory material
- Send unprotected sensitive or confidential information externally
- Download copyrighted material such as music media (MP3) files, film and video files (not an exhaustive list) without appropriate approval
- In any way infringe any copyright, database rights, trademarks or other intellectual property
- Download any software from the internet without prior approval of the IT Department
- You should make a reasonable effort to protect your technology with a password to secure your laptop against unauthorized use or access
- You must not use the technology in conjunction with the execution of programs, software, processes, or automated transaction-based commands that are intended to disrupt or damage other computer systems, degrade performance, or damage software
Please use your device responsibly. Remember to keep up-to-date on changes in the computing environment, as published, and to adapt to those changes, as necessary.
- The Learner Support Team will review your agreement. We will contact you if there is any missing information.
- Generation USA will begin processing the delivery of your laptop.
- You will receive a notification when your laptop has been shipped.
Technology Assistance Agreement Form
Please fill out the form below.