TOGETHER, we’ll work to find your next career step.
Generation USA prepares, supports, and places people for life-changing careers.
Generation USA provides no-cost access to several services, platforms, and partners to help learners explore careers, enhance resume content, get help with interview preparation, provide guidance about the job or college search process, and lastly, provide training tools for continued success on the job long-term. Generation also provides the option for staff support through one-on-one coaching with professionals, life coaches, and career coaches.
Job, internship, or college search.
Resume and cover letter support.
Job retention and success.
Burgundie L. Fulton
We’ll need you to be an active participant to discover what’s next.
Course requirement completion.
Research and homework.
Use the resources and platforms we provide.
Communicate your needs.
Be prepared for the long haul.
|Platforms||Apprenticeship||Internship||Continuing Education||Full-time Employment|
These resources and platforms will help you develop your plan for your next career step.
Largest educational program/college to career community in the country. Having access allows you to find jobs, connect with employers and discover future careers.
How It Works
- Generation partners with employers
- Employers join Handshake, connects to Generation pages and gets to know students
- Events to keep employers and students engaged like info session, career fairs and interviews
Benefits to Generation Learners and Alumni
- Connect you to employers
- Provides personalized job recommendations
- Hosts free events that help learners engage with employers (trainings, info sessions, etc.)
WayUp is a leading DEI and diversity recruitment job board for college students and recent grads.
Their mission is to ensure candidates from all backgrounds have an equal opportunity to get hired.
They specialize in diversity hiring serving underrepresented groups focusing on diversity across gender, race and ethnicity, veteran status, first-generation college students, and candidates who identify as LGBT.
GenConnect is a free, online networking site just for Generation alumni. Log in to view job opportunities, network with other Generation alumni across the country, and browse career resources.
NETworkIT allows you to connect with professionals for career advice and coaching.
How It Works
- Creates a platform for learners and industry professionals to connect.
- Allows learners to identify and set up one-on-one meetings time with volunteer industry professionals.
- Informal coaching sessions are recommended to create maximum flexibility and value for both parties.
JobScan allows you to upload and optimize your resume.
How It Works
- Analyzes your resume using smart AI to help you get noticed.
- Get matched. Resume software uses an ATS-like algorithm to calculate your match rate based on skills, job title, education, etc.
- Companies use different ATS for resume screening. Jobscan knows which ATS each company is using and provides you ATS-specific tips to help you land that interview.
- See your job search progress such as resume versions, jobs applied to, interviews.
Stellarworx is available for Washington DC Metro residents only, who do not have a 4-year degree.
Stellarworx helps learners find inclusive career opportunities with leading employers, professional development resources, curated events, and webinars.
CareerCircle is available for the IT Support Specialist, Jr Cloud Practitioner, Jr Web Developer programs.
CareerCircle matches diverse candidates to contract and full-time IT employment opportunities through staffing agencies, 1:1 career guidance, customized job alerts, online training courses (Salesforce, Microsoft, Google etc.)
Mathison is available for the Junior Full Stack Java Developer program.
Mathison bridges the gap between the most underrepresented job seekers and employers committed to diversity and inclusion.
Generation USA can also connect you to colleges across the country to continue your education.
We work with multiple partners to offer you support and a smooth transition to college. Generation USA helps determine a continuing education plan and assists you with enrollment into a degree program with an educational partner.